In-home Assessment & Care Management –
Your second line of help.
If you need more than assistance on the phone, an Eldersource Care Manager will meet with you and or your family members in your home. A care manager is a social worker who is trained in geriatrics and the ins and outs of our community’s complex eldercare system. A care manager can assess your situation, discuss a care plan, link you to services or assist with a move to a higher level of care.
Care management through Eldersource includes:
- Our in-home assessment. We review an elder’s housing, health, finance and safety situation as well as the ability to perform Activities of Daily Living (e.g. the ability to prepare a meal, handle finances, accomplish personal care, etc);
- A written care plan for immediate and long-term needs with recommendations for support services and/or housing options;
- Assistance with implementation of the care plan.
In our care management role, we provide information and guidance on ….
- Personal care
- Adult day care
- Support groups
- Nursing home placement
- Mental health counseling
- Home health care
- Socialization and nutrition
- Geriatric physician referral
- And more…